Mulholland Law Solicitors are a vibrant boutique litigation law firm offering progressive and robust legal representation to those we serve. We provide leading and diverse experience with an innovative approach ensuring optimal results.
It is our policy to provide a highly efficient costs effective service for all our clients. Every Mulholland Law client will be furnished with a Section 150 letter at the outset of litigation in promotion of the Legal Services Regulation Act 2015. An administration fee of €100 plus VAT is required to open a new file to ensure we comply with KYC/GDPR best practice. This payment is not an indication that instructions have been accepted, nor a that a solicitor – client relationship has been established.
We will always be transparent with our clients regarding the costs of their legal representation. The Client in turn will be responsible for the discharge of their legal fees. All work done by our office and/or others on their behalf will incur a charge. This office is a business and unless explicitly confirmed in writing no work will be done on a pro bono basis.
When you instruct Mulholland Law to act for you, we will ask for monies on account of costs. This means paying money up front which enables us to start work on your case, and can be used to cover any external charges such as court fees, expert’s fees and any other expenses paid on your behalf.
*The amount of value-added tax to be charged in respect of the above amount is charged at 23%.
The above charges have been calculated by reference to the following matters:
- the complexity, timing and novelty of the issues involved in the legal work;
- the skill or specialised knowledge relevant to the matter which the legal practitioner has applied to the matter;
- the time and labour that the legal practitioner has reasonably expended on the matter;
- the urgency attached to the matter by the client and whether this requires or required the legal practitioner to give priority to that matter over other matters;
- the place and circumstances in which the matter was transacted;
- the number, importance and complexity of the documents that the legal practitioner was required to draft, prepare or examine;
- where money, property or an interest in property is involved, the amount of the money, or the value of the property or the interest in the property concerned;
- whether or not there is an agreement to limit the liability of the legal practitioner pursuant to s.48 of the LSRA (limitation of legal practitioner’s liability by contract);
- whether or not the legal practitioner necessarily undertook research or investigative work and, if so, the timescale within which such work was required to be completed;
- the use and costs of expert witnesses or other expertise engaged by the legal practitioner and whether such costs were necessary and reasonable.
If we become aware of an issue that means that the legal costs in our Client’s cases is likely to be incurred will be significantly greater than what is disclosed or indicated in our initial notice, we will, as soon as may be after we become aware of that factor, provide you with a new notice.
In order to give each client time to consider our anticipated costs, we shall not provide any legal services in relation to their matter for a period of 7 days unless –
- the client explicitly wishes us to proceed with their case,
- in our opinion, to not provide our legal services would breach a statutory requirement or the rules of court or
- prejudice our client’s rights in a way that could not be later remedied,
- we are required to provide legal services to our client by court order, or
- a notice of trial has been served or a date has been fixed for the hearing of your matter.
Whilst we are always determined to represent our clients to the best of our ability and reach the results they desire; it is important to recognise that the outcome of a case will make no difference to the final bill.
If you have any queries regarding our fees please do not hesitate to contact our accounts department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
Mulholland Law solicitors are a vibrant boutique litigation law firm offering progressive and robust legal representation to those we serve. We provide leading and diverse experience with an innovative approach ensuring optimal results.